Gov. Andy Beshear announced on Dec. 14 that effective January 4, 2021:
1. The state and county incidence rate will continue with the same calculations. This means the manner by which yellow, orange, and red is defined will remain the same.
2. When a county is "orange" the schools may remain open, but should move to a hybrid or remote form of learning.
3. When a county is "red" the schools may remain open, but should move to a more aggressive form of the hybrid model or move to completely remote learning. The more aggressive form of hybrid should sharply decrease the number of people in the building.
4. Schools must accommodate employees with increased age or health issues. If an employee is 65+ or has severe health concerns, districts must provide accommodations that keeps them safe.
5. Healthy at school guidelines are mandatory as of January 4, 2021.
6. The governor recommends that schools not return to in-person instruction until January 11, 2021. This would help to ensure that the minimum day window for spread of Covid-19 following Christmas and New Year's is observed.