Graduation 2020 Procedures
Updated: May 5
Congratulations, Class of 2020! George Rogers Clark High School faculty and staff are incredibly proud of your accomplishments. We are looking forward to celebrating this momentous occasion with each of you in our first-ever virtual commencement ceremony. In order to help your day run as smoothly as possible, here are a few things you should know before arriving for your scheduled graduation time:
· Seniors will participate in a videoed graduation ceremony during May 6th, 7th, and 8th. All students must sign up for a specific time slot during cap and gown pick up on Thursday, April 30th or will be assigned a time slot and will be contacted by a school employee.
· The graduation ceremony will be digitally produced by Eppic Films, a professional videographer hired by the Board of Education. Each student will have their name read as they walk across the auditorium stage and receive their diploma.
· To comply with health and safety guidelines, a maximum of 1 car per graduate containing 4 additional people (other than the graduate) may enter the school with each graduate. This will be strictly enforced.
· Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled time. Your allotted time is the time the graduate will walk across the stage, not the time you arrive. For example, a student who signed up for 9:00am should arrive at 8:45am.
· Graduates will check in at the Guard Shack and be directed to the auditorium parking lot where they will be assigned a parking space based on the graduation time slot.
· You must remain in your car until called into the school. School resource officers and GRC staff members will be present to assist.
· Graduates need to bring the Graduate Information Card they received at cap and gown pick-up when they are escorted in for their graduation time slot. The card should be completely filled out before checking in.
· Graduates need to arrive completely ready to walk across the stage, wearing their cap and gown along with appropriate dress. This includes a collared shirt for boys and a dress for girls. No shorts or hooded sweatshirts.
· After the student and family exit the auditorium, Spectrum Photography will be set up in the Auditorium foyer to take a picture of your group. A complimentary 5x7 print will be mailed to each graduate. Additional photos may be ordered through Spectrum Photography.
· Families must leave the school premises immediately after exiting the auditorium.
· As is the case at every graduation ceremony, graduates will receive a only a diploma cover when they walk across the stage. Actual diplomas will be distributed at a later date.
· A fully edited and produced video of the ceremony, including all speeches and addresses, will be streamed at a later date and will be available for free download.